Traffic Information Processing System is a web-based software program that serves all classes of courts through facilitation of automation and information sharing. TIPS was developed by the Administrative Office of the Courts in close association with the Department of Driver Services and the Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
- Automatic fund calculations
- Automatic court calendar management
- Court docket management
- Subpoena tracking
- DS912 form printing (other forms also available)
- Reports transfer electronically to DDS -- secure electronic ticket transfer
- Print cases by disposition
- Holds partial payments
- Generate remittance reports
- Print citation receipts
- Generate daily reports
- Incident reports
- TIPS has the ability to manage all information with respect to traffic citations.
- With an internet connection in the courtroom, data can be entered real-time.
- Data is housed on AOC servers with double redundancy. This means that if one server fails, the other will still be available.
- TIPS will allow courts to come into compliance with recent legislation requiring that all driving convictions be reported to DDS within 10 days.
- TIPS will decrease overhead costs by eliminating much of the paper and mailing expenses currently required to report to DDS.
- TIPS is offered at NO COST to your court.
- TIPS is completely web-based which means any software updates are done at the AOC.
- DDS may pay forty cents for each citation that is processed electronically, subject to appropriations by the General Assembly
Reference: OCGA § 40-5-53(b).